The Mullets were in business on the south side of Bridge Street West at the bridge from the 1880’s until the early 1960’s. They had a blacksmith shop and livery stable. Through the years Charles was in business with Robert Fair and at one time they sold cars. In the later years Charles and his son Walter ran a hardware store from that premises.
The Bancroft Light and Power Company was purchased by Charles W. Mullett and Robert Fair from W. J. Sargent before Sargent left for Cuba in 1908. Sargent sold his assets before WWI to Robert Delyea and Harry Strudwick. In 1930 a joint stock company was formed with Mullett as president and Harry Strudwick, Robert Delyea, Frank Thomson, Lorne Reid, Mr. Argue, and Mr. Hickerbottom as shareholders.
The Mullett family were founding members of St. John Anglican church and remain so today. The men were active participants and founding members of the first fire brigade. There are early pictures of the fire department in which Charles and his brother Fred appear. This was of keen interest to them because Bridge street burned to the ground on several occasions in the early years.